130 East 62nd StreetUpper East Side, Manhattan
Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
- Superb Views
- Exceptional Light
- Private Outdoor Space
- Decorative Fireplace
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90-180 day minimum. The monthly accommodation cost excludes utilities and tax.
Single Occupancy Base Rate: $4650/month + Fees + Tax
The monthly accommodation cost excludes utilities and tax. To receive a full cost estimate kindly take a moment to address the following points.
Thank you for considering our NYC accommodations for your upcoming stay. To receive a full cost estimate and also to help us ensure your visit aligns with your needs and our policies, please take a moment to answer the below questions.
1. Where are you traveling from?
2. Tell us a bit about your visit to New York.
3. Will you be working during your stay? If yes, what's your profession or type of work?
4. Work Setup: Will you be working remotely or commuting to an office?
5. Number of Occupants: How many people will be staying in the apartment? 6. We want to emphasize that we have a strict policy regarding occupancy, and would want to ensure that only you or only you plus your approved registered co-occupant will be staying in the apartment during the occupancy period.
7. Guests/Visitors: Are you planning to have overnight guests during your stay? If yes, please inform us in advance, as there's a per-night fee and a simple registration process for additional guests.
8. & 9. We maintain a strict no-pets and no-smoking policy. Kindly confirm that you'll be respecting these guidelines during your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to share these details with us. We look forward to assisting you and look forward to welcoming you to our NYC home.
Exclusive Solo Experience: Our NYC apartments and suites present a unique opportunity for solo travelers seeking an enriching stay. The rate displayed for single occupancy reflects our commitment to offering an exceptional value tailored for individual guests. This rate ensures an affordable and exclusive experience, allowing solo travelers to bask in the space all to themselves.
Double Occupancy: When booking for double occupancy, you and your companion can relish the comfort and convenience of our space. Please note an additional monthly charge of $1200 ($40/night) applies for an extra guest, encompassing utilities, amenities, and services. This fee is applicable if the same occupant stays for the entire duration of the booking. To ensure efficient policy management, we kindly ask guests with occasional or regular partner visits to secure a double occupancy booking.
Hosting overnight guests: For guests intending to have a temporary overnight visitor during their stay, we require a short form to be filled out by the guest, and there is a per-night fee of $100 plus $85 per night, along with applicable taxes, for each additional guest. More information about these charges can be found in the sections titled "Things to know/Additional rules" in our listing (scroll to bottom of listing).
BACK-TO-BACK BOOKINGS: Due to NYC regulations and our commitment to minimizing unoccupied days, we prioritize reservations that are more or less consecutive, with minimal gaps between bookings. As a result, we may decline requests for non-contiguous dates. If your dates are flexible, please let us know so we can check for availability accordingly.
GUEST CREDIT: To ensure a consistently exceptional experience for all guests, we prioritize those with excellent credit.
Thank you again for considering our accommodation for your stay. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
A separate bundled monthly fee includes the below services:
1. Electricity, gas, heat (seasonal), water, and WiFi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee.
2. Supply of bedding/towels & kitchenware: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not provided in warm weather months.
3. 1x exit cleaning fee
4. 1x Interim month cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
5. Damage deposit equal to 1 month stay.
6. Occupancy tax (see below).
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Rentals for fewer than 180 days in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of 1 room
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents.
-To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
Unique family owned and managed townhouse centrally located on a a beautiful tree-lined residential block two blocks to Central Park. East 62nd Street between Park and Lexington Avenue is a premier location on the Upper East Side and close to midtown manhattan. The elegant brownstone offers furnished rental apartments with a sophisticated aesthetic of Shabby chic and Ralph Lauren. There's nothing like it in New York City. If interested, please send an email or for more details visit
The house is set amid Manhattan's most elegant and exclusive neighborhoods. Bloomingdales and Bergdorf Goodman and Madison Avenues chic boutiques, restaurants and cafes are just a few blocks away. Neighborhood antique shops, galleries, specialty stores and world-renowned museums are within walking distance. Access to public transportation is phenomenal. The F & Q subway lines are located one block way on 63rd Street. The N, R, 4, 5 & 6 subway lines are two blocks from the house on 60th Street. We offer flexible leasing terms with a minimum 30-91 days.
Amenities include Air Conditioning, TV/ROKU for streaming, Decorative Fireplace, Wi Fi. Cable is not provided. Please note we cannot accommodate pets. Smoking not permitted. Suites are accessed via staircase. There is no elevator.
About the Suite: A flight up from the lobby, on the parlor floor, one can find the Garden Room suite. The visitor is immediately transfixed by the massive floor-to-ceiling bow window which takes up most of the Southern wall of the suite. This suite also includes a private 500 square garden terrace, a truly rare-find for affordable New York City accommodations. The expansive, verdant cedar roof deck plays host to any number of roses, lavender, and other plants, with jardinieres and wooden planters framing the deck furniture: a breezy teak bench, three lazy steamer lounge chairs, and a 9 umbrella.
Though some will no doubt want to spend much of their time on the terrace, the Garden Room itself makes for no ordinary place to return to for the night or the afternoon rest. Soaring, nearly 12-foot ceilings look down on this quiet room and its carved wood and marble fireplace mantle, tall Normandy armoire, unique four-poster queen bed, and mahogany Philadelphia breakfast table. Another period throwback can be found in the southeast corner: a sculptured ceramic washbasin with wooden cabinet, augmenting the hand basin found in the bathroom.
Please note that there is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a small fridge, electric kettle, and sink in the room. The bathroom is a fully tiled, narrow space with antique style brass hardware and a merged shower and toilet area.
Other things to note:
-This is a one-room suite without a separate bedroom area.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a small fridge, electric kettle, and sink in the room.
-This suite is on the 1st (first) floor level (one flight up from the entry hall level). This is not a ground floor level suite.
-There are 14 steps from the entry foyer level to the 1st floor level.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the Suite. Even though there is a small fridge (no freezer), small microwave and electric kettle, we can’t really count it as a kitchen – don’t expect to do much cooking here. We’re sorry but the addition of cooking appliances is not permitted.
-The fireplace is only decorative.
-The Garden Room is located in the rear portion of the house and is one of the quietest rooms in the house. However, as this is a stacked house, you may hear your neighbors above, below or next to you.
-The compact bathroom has a wall-less shower (please review photos please)
-Although the Garden Room Windows are inoperable, you can open the Terrace door for fresh air. -Garden Room Guests can access the terrace via the French door in the Garden Room.
-Although there are 2 beds in the suite, as this is a bedroom suite, the maximum number of primary guests allowed is one.
-During warm weather months, the host or host's representative service and water the plants on the terrace accessed via the cottage opposite the Garden Room.
-Garden Room terrace photos are representative of how the garden and plants appear in the warm weather months. Guests booking for dates in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring months will observe the garden terrace looking different from the photos as plants are not blooming and shrubs have lost their leaves. Additionally, winter months in New York can be extremely cold so guests will not want to spend time on the terrace.
-Spring cleaning and maintenance of the terrace takes place in the later part of the month of May as the temperature gets warmer. Daily waterings in the Summer months are performed by the Host or staff via a secondary means of access to the terrace.
-While other guests staying in the house cannot access the terrace, the Host and the Host's family have access to the Terrace via a secondary means of access.
-The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password.
-Cable TV is not provided.
-Wi-Fi is included with the bundled monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
Things to note about the building:
-There is no elevator. All suites/apartments are accessed via the central staircase
-The suites are not equipped with a buzzer or intercom system
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and things as such.
-This home was built in 1871, so there are signs of wear and tear.
-As this is NYC, you shouldn't expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby
-Pets are not permitted. Sorry but we can't make exceptions.
-We provide a supply of linens & towels. We include sheet sets (flat & fitted sheets and pillowcases), down pillows, down duvets (in cool weather months), cotton blankets & quilts & towels.
-There isn't a laundry facility in the building. Guests have access to many neighborhood laundry and dry cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
-The Property Owners reside on premises.
• 30-night minimum for last minute reservations (sorry we can’t make exceptions).
• We prioritize back-to-back bookings to minimize unoccupied days. We may decline requests for non contiguous advance reservations or require a 60-90-180 day stay minimum.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 152year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase.
• Guests with mobility issues or lots of luggage may find the lack of elevator challenging.
• Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Guests may work from home (home office use exception only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge an $85/night + $100 for management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping for a temporary overnight visitor. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds, airbed mattresses may not be added to any of the suites. Sofas may not be used for sleeping.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. Any security deposit shall be returned only after the guest has checked out and inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Our apartments and suites are only available for a minimum stay of 30-60-90-180 nights, and we cannot make exceptions to this policy. Although we do not offer monthly stay discounts, our pricing is already tailored for monthly stays and is competitively priced compared to short-term stays at hotels or hotel alternatives in the area.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065. We are #1 in furnished short term rentals and furnished short term sublets
Send a Message
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing