130 East 62nd StreetUpper East Side, Manhattan
Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
- Exceptional Light
- Decorative Fireplace
Single Occupancy Base Rate: $4600 + fees + tax
Double Occupancy Base Rate: $5600 + fees + tax
SUPPLEMENTAL FEES (please inquire for specific fees):
1. Bundled Monthly Utility Fee (with or without a/c): includes electric, hot/cold water, heat & wi-fi.
2. Bedding/Towels: Bedding includes a mattress pad, 1 sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover, pillows + towels.
3. Exit cleaning fee and 1x monthly cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
For single occupancy contracts, there is either a daily or monthly fee to add a secondary occupant. The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $4/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of two rooms (the main room and the kitchenette)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. All stays must meet our 30-90 day min.
Two flights above the lobby sits the Rear Library, a studio suite that exudes a kind of palatial serenity, owing to its spacious size and its queen-size sleigh bed, and an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling books.
The south-facing suite gets lots of light through its three lace-clad windows, which overlook a garden and terrace. The quiet studio suite is positioned in the rear part of the building. The beautiful oak parquet floors, the imposing marble fireplace, and the 10-foot ceilings all contribute to the expansive quality of the room. A large area rug, a bureau, an antique armoire, and a round dining table with chairs complete the suite’s furnishings.
The Rear Library also includes a compact kitchen with a microwave, toaster, regular ovens, a stove, a coffee maker, sink, and full-size refrigerator. The Rear Library’s en-suite bathroom is the most recently renovated in the entire townhouse and consists of a just-rebuilt tiled shower, pedestal sink, and toilet.
Things you might want to know:
-As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and things as such
-This suite does not have a buzzer system
-This suite faces the garden side of the house.
-This suite consists of one large room without a separate bedroom area
-The suite is 2 flights above the main hall entrance of the house
-There’s no elevator in the building and the suite is two flights up from the house’s entry hall level.
-The kitchen is small but still good enough to prepare your morning coffee and other basics.
-Only two guests maximum are permitted.
-The fireplace is decorative
-Pets are not permitted.
-Room includes Panasonic 26" 720p LCD HDTV
-The TV includes a ROKU device for streaming. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password.
-The Front Library can be booked together with the Rear Library and the two rooms connect to each other via a connecting interior door and hallway through the kitchen.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge of $1000/month for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
To be exempt from all taxes, the occupant must have a signed lease agreement with the term exceeding 179 consecutive days. If the occupant does not complete 180 days of continuous occupancy, any taxes not previously collected become immediately due and payable. We will collect the occupancy tax and credit it back to you once you have exceeded 179 days occupancy.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065. We are #1 in furnished short term rentals and furnished short term sublets
Send an Email
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing